Am I Working Legally In China?

This sounds like a pretty simple question. However, due to the stringent work permit requirements in China, many employers go around the laws in a number of ways. You may feel like you are legally working, but you are in fact, not. So be careful and double check your documents because you are going toContinue reading “Am I Working Legally In China?”

What is the difference between TEFL, TESOL, and CELTA?

Many people thinking about teaching abroad or teaching English in China quickly find the value in getting a TEFL. Once you start researching, you find that there are a lot of different certificates. Here we’ll go through them all and tell you what the difference is and what the best certificate is to teach EnglishContinue reading “What is the difference between TEFL, TESOL, and CELTA?”

How to get a Chinese Z Visa

A Z visa is the visa that you need to enter China to work. Once you have the Z visa, you (your employer) must convert that to a work permit within 30 days. No other visa can convert to a work permit. Once you have the work permit, you can legally work in China andContinue reading “How to get a Chinese Z Visa”

What You Need to Teach in China

So, you want to teach English in China. That’s great news! China is truly a land of opportunity for those who are willing to step out of their comfort zone and work hard. In this blog post, we’ll tell you what you need in order teach in China. Particularly, which documents you need to qualifyContinue reading “What You Need to Teach in China”